Debt Warning Signs
I’ve heard from many people that they didn’t realize how bad their situation was until it was too late. It’s important to take control of your debt situation early so that you may be able to prevent filing bankruptcy by consolidating your debt or making a consumer proposal. If you wait too long, bankruptcy may end up being your only option.
Here are some indicators that you should consider making an appointment with a licensed insolvency trustee:
- You do not practice proper budgeting
- You exceed your spending limits, are regularly in your overdraft and/or use credit cards to meet obligations
- Borrowing money to get from payday to payday
- Creditors take legal action such as wage garnishment or asset seizure
- Creditors are calling you for payments on a regular basis
- You are selling assets to meet debt obligations
- Utilities and basic services are interrupted for non-payment
If you are experiencing two or more of these warning signs, we can help you get your finances in order. The sooner you meet with us, the sooner we can get you back on the right track.